Not too long ago I was informed that Jack Mamais, who played various roles such as Lead Tester and Producer on the Mechwarrior 2 and Heavy Gear franchises (not to mention Lead Designer on Far Cry and Crysis) had joined the faculty at SCAD (my current home). I couldn’t help but drop him a line and ask a a few questions.
Updated: Included the preloader so you’re not staring at a blank screen while the swf and xml loads. Also removed the yellow hilighting around the record sheets (accessibility feature), and fixed an auto-centering bug.
This most recent revision includes equipment bracketing and ammo quantities, some small interface changes, and a few bug fixes and copy changes:
- Stealth Armor, Targeting Computers, and one shot missile launchers now listed in equipment
- Non critable items now 50% grey on printout
- Clan Ultra 5 spelling corrected
- Fanpro logo replaced with Catalyst Logo
- Long names (ex. Autocannon 10 instead of AC/10) now used when possible for a variety of weapons & equipment.
- Heavy Gauss Rifle damage in equipment list changed to 20*
Also, when a sheet is being shown, press ‘escape’ or ‘delete’ to return to the selection screen. Next update will focus on the interface and usability.
Because playing Battletech wouldn’t be half as fun if you knew who’d be publishing it next year. Apparently Catalyst has been successful, and so have those who like getting free money.
There’s also word of several voluntary key departures including an operations manager, a book keeper and a lead (print) designer.
[originally seen on Scrapyard Armory]
(Updated with links)
(Updated with legal action 04/22)
As it says. For some reason attempts to print quad mechs results in blank pages…
I’m looking into it, but wanted to post just in case, for some reason, you haven’t used sheets, and the first thing you tried to print, was a Scorpion-1N…